You want to trek through the mystic and magical forests of a new world. You want to feel as if you’re on the court, passing a basketball to your teammates. You want that real-life experience that you can’t get from normal gameplay. You need a great projector for gaming.
Projectors can give you a big gaming experience that immerses you in the game and gives you a lifelike experience you can’t get with a normal TV. It can also save you space and allow you to put away the game when you’re done playing.
So, we have some tips for you to use while picking out the right gaming projector as well as the top 5 gaming projectors!
Buyer’s Tips for Gaming Projectors
If you’re looking for the best gaming experience on a projector there a few details you’ll want to check out while your shopping.
- Brightness: You need a projector with high brightness. The brightness determines how well the images will reflect off the screen in any light setting. Brightness is measured in lumens.
- Resolution: The resolution is the number of pixels for the display. The higher the resolution, the better for gaming. You want a projector with the resolution of at least 1080p.
- Response time: The response time is the time it takes for the projector to show the image and action the screen. A bad response time will cause lag while you’re gaming and too much blur during fast motion and excitement.
- Room size: The room size can determine what kind of gaming projector you buy. If you have a big room, a regular gaming projector will work just fine for your needs. If you have a smaller room, you’ll want to look into short throw models. These models have the ability to project the perfect picture from a shorter distance.
Top 5 Projectors for Gaming
- The BenQ Home Theater and Gaming Short Throw Projector has the perfect visual viewing. It has a high brightness of 3,000 lumens as well as Full HD 1080p for great clarity.
- It only needs 4.9 feet for projecting a perfect picture so you won’t have space restrictions while gaming.
- What makes this projector great for gaming is its ultrafast response. It has very low input lag and microsecond DMD response so there will be no motion blur during gaming.
- It uses advanced DLP technology that gives you a quicker response. The image reflection time is 1,000 times faster than 3LCD projectors.
- It can detect ambient light conditions and adjust for a balanced visual brightness.
- It has great sound quality since it has built-in speakers and custom modes for whether you’re streaming or gaming.
- The ViewSonic Home Theater and Gaming Projector gives you a razor-sharp viewing experience using Full HD 1080p resolution and 2,200 lumens.
- It has an exclusive RGBRGB color wheel that delivers 100% color accuracy for a lifelike experience.
- It has a 1.3x optical zoom lens. This gives you the ability to place your projector anywhere in your room and still give a vivid viewing experience. It has a horizontal/vertical keystone correction, vertical lens shift, and a corner adjustment feature that prevents distorted and crooked images.
- It has an exclusive PortAll feature that’s a hidden compartment. This compartment has an integrated MHL/HDMI port so you can stream multimedia content as well as connect other devices.
- It includes a cable management hood that can connect to the back of the projector. This hood hides cable clutter.
- This Sony Home Theater and Gaming Projector offers an awesome 3D gaming experience to immerse you in your gameplay.
- It uses an advanced SXRD panel technology and Advanced Reality Creation to refine even the smallest details, colors, and textures. It has a sharp Full HD picture with 1080p and 1,800 lumens.
- They also have a super-fast response rate by using Motionflow technology. You’ll never have to worry about lagging or something moving so fast it blurs.
- It has a manual zoom lens with a 1.6x zoom ratio and wide lens shift range.
- It has a long-lasting lamp with up to 6,000 hours of operating life.
- The LG Ultra Short Throw Smart Home Theater Projector gives you great imagery. Most projectors need to be 5 feet away from the screen for a great image. This projector only needs 15 inches (up to 100 inches) so it’s great for a small environment.
- It has Full HD with up to 1,000 lumens for decent gaming visuals. The LED light source displays natural and rich colors that will last up to 30,000 hours.
- It has Bluetooth Sound Out. It can wirelessly stream sound directly from the projector to a compatible sound system, from speakers to headphones.
- This projector is compatible with smart TVs as well as smartphones, laptops, and game consoles. The smart TV setup is easy and makes it so you can easily stream television as well as games.
- The Optoma Darbee Short Throw Gaming Projector enhances textures and depth in your gaming graphics.
- The Enhanced Gaming Mode makes it the best in class performance. It can also be used for blu-ray players, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick, or Apple TV as well as with other HDMI devices and streaming.
- The .49 Throw Ratio makes the projector great for being compact. It can fit in most places where you have little and limited room.
- This projector has Full HD 1080p and 3000 lumens rating for a great gaming experience and even better gaming visuals.
Do you want to continue playing video games on a small screen with limited image quality that takes up your whole living room or bedroom? As a gamer, you want the best image and best screen for gameplay. We hope one of these works well for you!