Every sports lover knows the best thing, next to being physically at a game, is to watch the game in the living room on a big screen with a projector. You can almost smell the fresh cut grass as your favorite football team runs onto the field and you want to hear the crowd cheering as if you’re in the stands.
First, we will check out the list of features you’ll want to consider while picking out a home theater projector for sports watching. Then we’ll check out the best 5 projectors to watch the game on.
Buyer’s Tips for Finding a Projector for Sports
When you’re looking for the perfect projector to watch all your favorite sports, there are a few features you’ll want to invest in.
- Brightness: The brightness of a projector is also known as the light output and is measured in lumens. The brightness offered will decide how well the images will project in any lighting.
- Resolution: Just like when you’re shopping for a projector for gaming, you need a projector with high resolution for the best viewing experience, whether you’re watching a movie or watching the game. The higher the resolution, measured by pixels, the better the details projected on the screen.
- 3D: If you really want a viewing experience that sucks you into the screen, you may want to look into projectors that offer a 3D experience.
Top 5 Projectors for Sport Watching
LG HU80KA 4K Smart Home Theater Projector
- The LG Smart Home Theater Projector uses 4K Ultra HD with 8.3 million pixels. It delivers a perfect picture for your living room from up to 12.5 feet away as well as 4x the resolution of Full HD.
- The brightness is up to 2,500 lumens so you can watch your game in any lighting. This projector is LG’s brightest and can be used even in ambient lighting.
- It uses High Dynamic Range so you can have lifelike imaging that makes it feel as if you’re involved in the movie or game. It also supports a wide color gamut.
- You can change any screen up to 150 inches diagonally into a crystal-clear image.
- You can wirelessly share images, presentations, and videos from smartphones or tablets over a Wi-Fi connection.
- This projector is exclusive to smart TV streaming platform is super easy to set up.
Epson Home Cinema Wireless Home Theater Projector
- The Epson Home Cinema Wireless Home Theater Projector shows a razor-sharp image and focuses on even the smallest details. They use 4K Enhancement technology. It accepts 4K input and even most non-4K content.
- There’s no color wheel meaning you don’t have to worry about the rainbow effect. You’ll get a color-rich performance with the entire sRGB color space. It has 100% balanced color brightness with 2,500 lumens.
- This projector also features bright 3D projection.
- You can stream a full HD signal wirelessly.
- The lens has a preset for up to 10 positions for motorized focus. It also features 2.1x zoom and ultra-wide lens shift.
BenQ HT2550 HDR Home Theater Projector
- The BenQ Home Theater Projector has introduced BenQ’s new CinematicColor technology and RGBRGB color wheel. This new technology creates the perfect color accuracy. This also prevents blur, shadowing, and interference patterns.
- This projector produces 8.3 million distinct pixels for a 4K content performance. It has 4x the resolution of most projectors. This creates a razor-sharp image.
- It uses High Dynamic Range performance. This dynamic range creates greater brightness, contrast range, and image optimization.
- The lens has a 1.2x zoom for a range of throw distances.
- It has an auto vertical keystone to adjust the image regardless of the projector is off center.
Acer H7850 4K Ultra High Definition Home Theater Projector
- The Acer Ultra High Definition Home Theater Projector has HD resolution with 8.3 megapixels for razor-sharp images and great clarity on the smallest of details on a screen of up to 120 inches. The brightness is 3,000 lumens.
- It has vibrant color infusion so that brighter scenes highlight detail and the dark scenes won’t hide anything. The colors are more lifelike than real life.
- This projector uses AcuMotion so fast moving scenes aren’t left to blurs of motion. It generates intermediate frames and inserts these frames between existing frames. This stops flickering between frames.
- It has two built-in speakers with powerful sound. You don’t need to purchase separate speakers for great sound while using this projector.
- The lens has a 1.6x zoom with a vertical lens shift.
ViviTek Qumi Q6-BK Wireless Projector
- The ViviTek Qumi Wireless Projector gives you bright images with WXGA resolution. It has 800 ANSI lumens in brightness and a high contrast ratio for great picture quality.
- It uses wireless mirroring which means you can quickly share images and videos from laptops or any smartphone to the projector screen without any cables or serious hookup.
- It uses LED technology for its light source. It has lower power consumption and can last for up to 30,000 hours of operation.
- It makes it easy to connect multiple devices using the USB port, Wi-Fi, or an MHL/HDMI port.
- It has built-in memory so you can download presentations, videos, and images to the projector so you aren’t always lugging everything around with you.
- This projector is a pocket projector meaning it’s ultra-light with a thin profile. It’s about the size of most smartphones and weighs only 1.04 pounds. This makes it super compact and portable.
- It comes with an easy to use touchpad and small remote control.
Are you looking to watch the Super Bowl or your favorite hockey team kick behind with your buddies? Impress them with the best and most immersive viewing experience you can offer with one of these amazing home theater projectors.