There was a time when projectors were relegated to the classroom or office. Today, projectors can be used in a variety of way to bring immersive and cinematic entertainment straight to your home. Lightning-fast refresh rates and sharp color contrasts have allowed projectors to begin replacing standard televisions.
Optoma offers a line of cutting-edge projectors at affordable prices. Home entertainment enthusiasts will love Optoma’s short-throw projectors, while business professionals will find a valuable asset in Optoma’s EH412ST Short Throw HDR Professional Projector.
Cost: Currently Unavailable
Optoma HD27 3200 Lumens Home Theater Projector
- This short-throw projector offers a screen size of 71” from 8′ or 107” from 12′, making it easy to set the projector up in a home theater environment.
- A brightness of 3200 lumens allows you to enjoy this projector in both light and dark rooms.
- The high contrast ratio of 25,000:1 ensures crisp image quality with vibrant colors.
- Two separate HDMI outputs allow you to connect your favorite gaming system, computer, or streaming devices for maximum versatility.
- Vivid 3D viewing allows for an immersive, theater-like experience.
Cost: $949.64 (at time of publishing)
Optoma GT1080E 3D DLP Projector
- The Optoma GT1080E 3D DLP Projector offers two HDMI ports as well as a USB port to give you the greatest versatility when it comes to which devices you want to connect, including laptops, gaming consoles, and streaming devices.
- 3D viewing technology allows you to wear Optoma 3D glasses and enjoy an immersive theater experience from the comfort of your home.
- The short-throw projector lens allows you to enjoy grand images even in a small space.
- Dynamic black technology adjusts the brightness of the bulb depending on the scene to improve color contrasts.
- This projector provides clear pictures even in rooms with significant ambient light.
- Video processing capabilities excel with standard and HD video content.
Cost: $1,599.00 (at time of publishing)
Optoma UHD38 4000 Lumens 4K UHD Gaming Projector
- Designed with gamers in mind, the ultra-fast 240Hz processing power on the Optoma UHD38 4000 Lumens 4K UHD Gaming Projector enables a lag-free gaming experience with clear visuals and extreme smoothness.
- HDR and HLG technologies create lighter whites and darker blacks, making your image stand out in even the lightest and darkest scenes.
- UltraDetail technology enhances image sharpness, creating a sharp, clear picture that gamers and sports fans will love.
- With 1.1x zoom and ±40° keystone correction it’s easy to set this projector up and get your picture just the way you want it.
- Get 4K Ultra HD quality cinematic images with 8.3 million distinct on-screen pixels.
- Standard throw projection allows you to project a 120” screen from 13.1′ away.
Cost: $880.30 (at time of publishing)
Optoma EH412ST Short Throw HDR Professional Projector
- A short-throw lens allows you to enjoy a 120” screen when the projector is only 4′ to 5′ way from the wall, creating an immersive experience even in the smallest conference rooms.
- With 4,000 lumens of brightness, this projector works well in bright meeting spaces.
- A 50,000:1 contrast ratio means that colors appear vibrant and true, creating eye-catching presentations.
- An array of video options, including two different HDMI ports and VGA in/out ports, make it easy to connect this projector to any device you’re hoping to display.
- A 10-watt built-in speaker helps take your presentations to the next level without you needing to bring extra technology along.
Cost: $521.55 (at time of publishing)
Optoma HD146X 3600 Lumens High Performance Projector
- Using the latest technology from Texas Instruments, the Optoma HD146X 3600 Lumens High Performance Projector provides perfect image alignment with ease.
- With 3,600 lumens of brightness, you can view images from your projector in even the brightest rooms in your house.
- Game Display Mode boosts shadows and dark scenes, allowing gamers to get the most out of their viewing experience.
- Enhanced Gaming Mode reduces lag times so that gamers can enjoy lightning-fast responses.
- Dynamic black technology smoothes video output and creates a 50,000:1 contrast ratio, making for the whitest whites and the blackest blacks.
- HDMI-CEC technology allows you to control the projector and any connected devices with a single remote for ease of use.
Optoma Projectors: What Should You Consider?
Optoma projectors tend to be mid-range projectors, at the intersection between value and functionality. As you compare Optoma projectors, it’s important to ask yourself which features you will use most often. If you never watch movies in 3D, then you may not be impressed by the projectors boasting 3D viewing technology. On the other hand, if your goal is to recreate an IMAX experience in the comfort of your living room, 3D capabilities may be a necessity.
When comparing Optoma projectors, it’s also important to consider whether the projector has been optimized for gaming or not. Gaming projectors offer reduced lag times, which can enhance the playing experience and ensure that gamers experience lightning-quick responses from their games. This capability comes with a higher price tag, so if your goal is simply to take your projector to the occasional conference, you may want to steer clear of Optoma projectors that are designed for gamers.
You’ll also want to take into account the throw distance of your projector in comparison to your room size. Short-throw projectors are designed to create large screens in small spaces. Meanwhile, mid-throw and long-throw projectors are ideal when you are working with a larger space and plan to have your projector positioned toward the back of the room.
How Does Optoma Projection Technology Stand Out?
Headquartered in Taiwan, Optoma is a multinational corporation that specializes in creating large-scale viewing devices, including projectors, interactive flat panels, and large, all-in-one LED displays.
Their emphasis on home viewing devices means Optoma projectors are especially strong home-entertainment projectors.
Many of Optoma’s projectors offer 3D capabilities or are designed specifically with gamers in mind. Others are optimized for 3D viewing, allowing you to recreate an immersive IMAX experience in your living room. This makes Optoma an easy brand to gravitate toward if you’re looking for a projector for your home.
Product Breakdown of 5 High-Quality Optoma Projectors
Optoma offers a wide array of projector types. While some of their projectors are aimed specifically at gamers, others are built with business professionals in mind. To help you make a decision on which projector is right for your needs, we’ve compiled the best Optoma projectors, compared their features, and highlighted what makes each product unique.