Tired of your home theater projector cluttering up the room you use for your home theater? We love our cozy home theaters but sometimes the projectors can be an eyesore when you’re not using them or take up space you desperately need.
This is where the right projector lifts come in handy. These expensive but extremely nifty lifts can not only hide your projector from sight but they provide a great angle for projection when you’re watching a movie.
Automated or motorized lifts are the perfect solution to your storing needs. And they’re not only an asset to home theaters but big offices and classrooms, too.
So that we can make an informed decision on a lift, we’re going to learn all about automated projector lifts. We’ll go over the features you should consider before purchasing one as well as some of the more affordable projector lifts on the market.
What to Consider When Shopping for a Projector Lift
There are quite a few factors and features to keep in mind when you go projector lift hunting. We’ll go over all of these, one by one.
Make Sure Your Ceiling Can Hold a Projector Lift
Most automated and motorized projector lifts connect to your ceiling. The very first thing you need to focus on when picking out a projector lift is evaluating the ceiling of your home theater.
The ceiling needs to be in good shape and should have the ability to hold the weight from a projector lift. It helps a lot if you have a drop ceiling. Also, ensure that there are the necessary outlets and power within reach to hook your projector lift up.
Lastly, don’t forget to check the measurements of your ceiling and compare them to the measurements needed for the projector lift you want to purchase.
Size of Your Projector
The size and weight of your projector is the second thing to consider. For a smaller projector, you won’t need to worry about a heavy-duty expensive projector lift. For a large projector, you will, of course, need a heavy-duty lift that can hold the weight of your large projector.
Quality of the Projector Lift
The quality and how the projector lift is made are important. You want a lift that will last since you’ll be spending a big chunk of money.
Check out the material of the lift. Metal is best. Also, read reviews others have left about the brand you’re looking into. What other buyers have experienced will open your eyes to any major negatives.
Projector Lift Range of Motion
What range of motion do you need in the room you’re utilizing for your home theater? Hopefully, you’ll just need a lift that drops so it can face the screen you’re using for your home theater.
However, there are projector lifts with more range of motion if you need it. They’re much more flexible to suit your projection needs.
Installation of the Projector Lift
If you aren’t a mechanically inclined person you’ll want a projector lift that’s easy to install or that’s already mostly assembled. Make sure it has all the pieces needed and that you have the tools and skills necessary to install it.
If you feel frustrated or clueless about installing your lift, don’t feel bad for asking for help. It’s better than a ruined ceiling or broken projector lift.
The Best 3 Affordable Automated and Motorized Projector Lifts
Hanchen Instrument Motorized Scissor Projector Lift
- Hanchen Instrument’s motorized scissor projector lift can hold projectors that weigh up to 22 pounds.
- It’s designed to perfectly disguise your projector when you’re not using as well as lowering your projector to the perfect height for projection.
- It comes with a remote controller that has a manual control button. This makes it super easy to access.
- It’s already put together when it arrives at your doorstep.
Monoprice Stealth Motorized Recessed Projector Lift
- Monoprice’s motorized projector lift can hold any projector that weighs up to 44 pounds.
- This projector has a replaceable ceiling board so you can match it up to look like your ceiling. It will be much less noticeable.
- It has integrated management. This keeps your cables and cords neat and untangled.
- It uses an electric positioning that’s preset for maximum dissention.
- This projector can fit in a 2”x2” ceiling opening or drop ceiling.
- It’s super quiet when being used.
Baoshishan Electric Bracket Motorized Projector
- Baoshishan’s motorized projector lift can hold a projector that weighs up to 33 pounds.
- It uses double motors to run the lift.
- The standard base plate of this projector is 19”x19”.
- The ceiling dimensions are 16”x16”.
- It includes a remote controller so it’s easy to access.
The Bottom Line
Your home theater doesn’t have to feel like a cluttered mess because of a projector out in the open. Projector lifts will fix your room and projector problems.