4k projector screens are all the rage in the world of technology these days. These 4k screens stand out from other projector screens, offering an amazing picture you can’t beat.
Doesn’t matter if you’re viewing your projection inside, outside, or in ambient light, the picture of the best 4k projector screen will remain in HD for perfect picture quality, irrespective of the screen size. It’s taken a while for projector technology to catch up to everything else but it’s finally here.
We’re going to learn all about the technology behind ultra HD 4k projector screens and what makes them so different from the average HD projectors. Then we’ll check out some of the best 4k projector screens to check out!
What Makes a 4k Projector Screen Stand Out?
What Does 4k Mean?
When projection screens are advertised as being 4k, it’s referring to the pixels of the screen. Pixels are tiny little pictures or squares of defined color. Millions of these little pictures create the picture you see on most televisions.
4k means there’s 4 times more pixels than your average projector screen and even more than most HD screens. 4k means there are 8 million pixels being projected.
What to Look for in a Screen When Using 4k Technology?
When dealing with 4k technology, the pixels actually come from the projector you use. It is, after all, the projector that’s reflecting the picture and creates the resolution. But what kind of projector screens work with 4k the best?
There’s only one main specific feature that makes a projector screen 4k ready. All other features should be determined by your own preferences, where the projector is mounted, and the room you’re using (or if you’re using it outside).
The texture should be your main concern when deciding if a projector screen can handle 4k technology.
Older projection screens have a thick texture so you can see the details better with less resolution. However, when looking for a projector screen that’s 4k ready, you need a screen that has a much finer texture so you can enjoy every detail of your picture, whether you’re projecting a project for work or a movie.
Best 4k Projector Screens for Indoors and Outdoors
$204 (check price on Amazon)
- Silver Ticket’s projector screen is 92 inches tall with a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- The projector screen uses grey fabric. Grey works for a perfect contrast, even if you’re room (or if you’re projecting outside during the day) isn’t fully dark. It’s able to enhance the darker colors in what you’re watching without completely changing the color spectrum.
- The screen material has a 1.0 gain and a wide viewing angle of 160 degrees. It’s a stretchy and high-quality vinyl.
- The frame is made from a heavy-duty beveled aluminum. It’s covered in a light absorbing black velvet and it’s 2 3/8 inches thick.
- It uses both top and bottom mounting brackets so you can adjust the screen horizontally as you see fit.
- This projector screen uses tension rods. It’s easy to put together and takes little time to assemble.
$311 (check price on Amazon)
- Elite Screens’ Aeon projector screen is 100 inches diagonal with a 16:9 aspect ratio. It’s 49.2 inches in height and 87.3 inches in width.
- This projector screen is a fully black backed front projection material. It has a wide 160-degree viewing angle and 1.0 gain.
- It’s CineGrey meaning the grey color helps create perfect contrast regardless of the lighting.
- The screen has Elite Screens’ Edge Free design meaning it’s borderless. It has a sleek look with its resemblance to a giant size flat panel. The frame is very lightweight and made of split aluminum.
- The fixed frame has high tension uniformity. This means the screen can be stretched tightly to the frame.
- This screen is mildew-resistant.
- It’s super easy to assemble and includes wall mount brackets.
- You can even clean the projector with mild soap and water as needed. You don’t need to worry about fancy or expensive cleaners.
$244 (check price on Amazon)
- Elite Screens’ Yard Master 2 projector screen is 135 inches diagonally with a 16:9 aspect ratio. It’s 66.2 inches in height and 117.7 inches in width.
- The projector screen is CineWhite with a 1.1 gain. It has a 160-degree viewing angle and is a fully black backed front projection screen.
- The frame is a lightweight aluminum. It’s fully tensioned and a snap frame that pulls the screen tightly to prevent wrinkles.
- It has sturdy and durable legs. These legs are detachable as needed.
- It’s mildew-resistant.
- It’s easy to clean with mild soap and water.
- The setup is easy and doesn’t require tools for assembly.
- It includes a carrying bag, ground stakes, rigging cords, and support rings.
$260 (check price on Amazon)
- Visual Apex’s projector screen is 144 inches diagonally with a 16:9 aspect ratio. It’s 71 inches in height and 125 inches in width.
- The projector screen is a cinema matte white with a 1.1 gain. It has a 160-degree viewing angle and is also a black-backed front projection screen. It’s able to snap right into the frame tightly.
- The screen is also UV protected and mildew-resistant.
- You can use mild soap and water to clean the screen instead of needing fancy cleaners.
- It includes solid and durable legs to hold the screen. This also makes it easy to move around your home or to position it outside. If you don’t want the legs, they’re easy to remove.
- The setup is super easy. There’s no hard assembly for the frame. All you need to do is extend and snap pieces together.
- It also includes a carry bag, ground stakes, and guiding ropes.
We hope these top projection screens help you in finding the right screen for you. All these high-quality screens are 4k ready and made for your intense viewing pleasure!