Projectors have been getting a lot of attention lately, in large part because of their myriad uses. As more people opt to find entertainment options at home rather than go out, home theater projectors are showing themselves to be versatile, making them a smart investment.
Today’s full-color projectors aren’t limited to the conference room. They can enhance home entertainment and bring high-resolution images and video into your home theater or even on a screen in your backyard. This allows you to get the best parts of a cinematic experience without the costs of theater tickets or limitations on what to watch.
Epson projectors are at the apex of innovation and functionality. As we review Epson projectors, we’ll examine factors like video display and projector setup to help you make thorough comparisons and determine what will work best in your home theater.
An Overview of Epson Projectors
Seiko Epson Corporation — more commonly known as Epson — is a multinational electronics company based in Japan. They are currently the top projector manufacturer in the world.
One thing that sets Epson projectors apart from their competitors is their use of 3-chip LCD (3LCD) technology. This projector technology dedicates an entire chip to process each primary color. The result is extraordinary image quality with crisp, clean colors that lower-quality projectors can’t match.
Innovative Features To Look For in Your Epson Projector
The best Epson projectors in the market offer a variety of innovative features. As you compare Epson projectors, keep an eye out for some of their top features, including:
- Interactive displays, which use special sensors to manipulate screen data and allow you to scroll through a family photo album or give a presentation without the use of a remote
- Built-in speakers to bring theater-crisp audio quality into your home
- Wireless Epson projectors that connect directly to your phone through the use of an iProjection app
- HDMI connectivity, allowing you to hook your projector directly up to your streaming devices, computer, or cable box
Breakdown of the Top 5 Epson Projectors
As the top manufacturer of projectors worldwide, there are a wide variety of Epson home theater projectors to sort through. We’ve broken down our top five choices for Epson projectors, comparing everything from their setup to their color light system to help you decide on the best projector for your personal needs.
Cost: $1,109 (at time of publishing)
Epson HC2150 Front
- With 2,500 lumens, this projector offers equal color and light brightness in both light and dark rooms.
- The high contrast ratio of 60,000:1 creates vivid details in even the darkest scenes.
- Wireless screen mirroring technology allows the Epson HC2150 2500 Lumens Home Cinema to project directly from your Android or Windows device, making it easy to display photos, videos, and apps.
- You can stream shows or play video games directly through your Epson HC2150 2500 Lumens Home Cinema, which supports MHL devices for both mirroring and charging.
- It weighs 7.7 lbs., making it a lightweight projector that can easily be set on a table or installed with a ceiling mount.
- It does not support 4K devices.
Cost: $6,999.98 (at time of publishing)
Epson 5050UEBE 4K Front
- As one of the top 4K projectors Epson has available, the Epson 5050UEBE 4K Wireless Projector uses pixel-shifting technology to create an exceptionally sharp 4K experience for its users.
- It has real-time 12-bit analog-to-digital video processing technology that creates smooth digital images. Compression artifacts are eliminated, leaving viewers with beautiful tonal transfers.
- It displays up to 2,600 lumens for both color and white brightness, creating exceptional detail in both light and dark rooms.
- This projector boasts a contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1 and suppresses any stray light, which allows for the brightest whites and the darkest blacks.
Cost: $964.99 (at time of publishing)
Epson EX7280 Front
- With 4,000 lumens of equal color and white brightness, the Epson EX7280 4000 Lumens WXGA Projector is designed for professionals who want the ability to project large group presentations, spreadsheets, and more — even in well-lit conference rooms.
- The Epson EX7280 4000 Lumens WXGA Projector accepts and displays 4K content in a vivid way, making it a strong choice for home entertainment as well as business projection needs.
- The HDMI port allows you to connect your favorite streaming devices, including Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, and Chromecast.
- The built-in speaker system helps you to recreate a theater experience right out of the box.
- Easy image adjustments and horizontal and vertical corrections allow you to set up this projector in a flash.
- It offers built-in wireless projection so you can mirror images directly from your phone.
Cost: $649.00 (at time of publishing)
Epson VS350 Front
- With 3,300 lumens, the Epson VS350 3300 Lumens XGA Projector rivals theater projector quality in dark rooms while still creating crisp images in lighter rooms.
- 1024 x 768 XGA resolution ensures that text-heavy presentations and gaming sequences are projected crisply and legibly.
- Easy image adjustments and tight controls make it easy to set up this projector, so you can take it with you to job presentations and have it up and running in a flash.
- One-cable HDMI compatibility lets this projector supports laptops as well as your favorite streaming devices, including Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, and Chromecast.
Epson HC760 3300 Lumens Home Cinema Projector
Cost: $819.00 (at time of publishing)
Epson HC760 Front
- The Epson HC760 3300 Lumens Home Cinema Projector offers widescreen entertainment up to 300”, so you can fill almost any blank wall or screen.
- With 3,300 lumens of equal color and white brightness, the Epson HC760 3300 Lumens Home Cinema Projector offers a vibrant, full-color display regardless of the ambient lighting in your room.
- The digital HDMI connectivity allows you to directly connect to your laptop, gaming system, cable or satellite box, or streaming device for extra-large home entertainment events.
- 3LCD technology lets you enjoy crisp action sequences with no rainbow effect.
Benefits of White Brightness and Color Brightness
White brightness has been the standard measurement for projector brightness for years. And while that was fine when projectors only displayed black and white images, today’s projectors should look impressive in black and white and in full color. Measuring color light brightness in addition to white brightness gives you the most up-to-date understanding of the image quality you’ll receive from your new projector.
Epson projectors go above and beyond to showcase both strong white brightness and stellar color brightness. They do this with their innovative 3LCD technology. Instead of housing the entire color spectrum on one chip, Epson has a separate chip for each of the three primary colors. This allows the projector to process each color separately, creating the vast depth of colors possible with Epson projectors.
Which Projector Provides an Uncompromising Image Quality?
If you’re looking for the very best image quality, then you’ll want the Epson 5050UEBE 4K Wireless Projector. The real-time video processing technology makes this projector well worth its price point. The sharp 4K experience allows you to enjoy the best video quality and brings everything you love about professional theaters into the comfort of your home.
A close contender of the Epson 5050UEBE 4K Wireless Projector is the Epson EX7280 4000 Lumens WXGA Projector. Not only does this projector boast 4,000 lumens of white brightness and color brightness, but it also provides easy image adjustments on the fly and 4K compatibility.
When Is the Epson Home Cinema Projector Right For You?
Enjoying an Epson projector 4K experience isn’t the right choice for everyone. These innovative projectors come in at a mid-range price point, making them a clear step up from cheaper projectors with more limited video quality.
If your goal is to bring an uncompromisingly crisp, colorful video image to your home theater, or to create stunning presentations on the go, you can’t go wrong by investing in one of these top Epson projectors.
Buy Your High-Performance Projector Today
The right Epson projector for you is entirely dependent on your needs. If you’re only looking to use a projector for occasional classroom presentations, you may not need 4K compatibility or built-in speakers. On the other hand, if you’re planning to replace your home television with a projector, it’s important to look for one that provides high video quality and the ability to render images with little to no lag.
As you sort through Epson HDMI projectors to determine the best fit for your home, remember to look into the best projector screen size for your space. If you’re planning to host a video viewing event in your backyard, you may want an Epson projector that can fill 300”. On the other hand, if you’re looking for a portable projector to bring with you to conferences, you’ll want something that can handle being in smaller conference rooms.
Either way, you can’t go wrong when you choose to invest in Epson projectors. There’s a reason these projectors are some of the top sellers around the world. Epson’s creativity and functionality ensure their projectors remain ahead of the competition.