Canon is a household brand for professional cameras and camera equipment, the all-in-one printer, and the inkjet printer. Photographers are dedicated to this brand for all their camera needs.
However, Canon’s brand is more than just a camera company or printing expert. They make so much more like creating excellent multimedia projectors that provide amazing images.
Just like with Canon’s cameras, their video projectors are high quality and professional. They use the latest technology for superior products and for serious businesses. You can accomplish anything with one of these solid projectors.
So, we’re going to learn more about Canon as well review what we found to be the top 4 Canon projector models throughout the past few years.
Canon’s Aspectual Illumination System (AISYS) for the Perfect Picture
Canon has created and branded their own superior technology for their projectors with amazing clarity. The best crystal panels used in projectors for crisp pictures are the Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCOS) but these crystal panels usually need to be used with polarization beam splitters. That can become a problem in a compact projection.
So, Canon decided to do their own thing and created the AISYS optical system. AISYS works by combining the different lights from the light source. This gives control of both the horizontal and vertical lights.
This combined light is then manipulated into a smaller angle vertically. This prevents any of the light from escaping and creates crisp and stark contrast for images. Horizontally, the light is manipulated into a larger angle. This creates an increased brightness in the imaging so you can view every little detail.
AISYS technology has now grown into its 4th generation of advancement and improvements. Canon is now able to reduce the separation of color as well as re-position the optical system elements as needed. The lens is now much closer to the light for even more defined contrast and image brightness.
The 4 Best Canon Projector Models
Canon LV-7490 XGA LCD Video Projector
$1,100 (check price)
- Unlike most of the Canon projectors on this list, this particular model doesn’t use the Canon LCOS system but instead relies on basic LCD technology. Even so, the picture is clear and sharp. It has a resolution of 1024p by 768p with 4000 lumens of brightness.
- It’s an older and less expensive model but still a strong model to own for your projector needs.
- The contrast ratio of the projector is 2000:1.
- It’s super easy to set up and install.
- It has a lamp life of up to 5000 hours on average.
- It only weighs in at 7.2 pounds making it lightweight and very portable. You can carry this projector to business presentations or anywhere else you may need it.
Canon REALiS WUX6010 Pro AV Projector
$4,590 (check price)
- Canon’s REALiS WUX6010 model projector uses its’ own LCOS panel technology for a fantastic viewing experience. It has a resolution of 1920p by 1200p plus 6000 lumens of brightness.
- It’s optic and advanced cooling system lets the projector to be set up at any angle you might need. There just needs to be 24 inches of free space on all sides of the projector.
- It has a split screen mode so you can view 2 images or videos at the same time.
- This projector has a variety of 5 interchangeable lenses for any need you can imagine.
- The projector has numerous connections that include a DVI port, an HDMI port, and a VGA input port.
- The bottom of the projector has 6 attachment points if you need to mount it to the ceiling in your home.
- It’s heavy duty, weighing in at 18 pounds but still portable as needed.
- It includes 2 adjustable feet so you can set it up on a shelf.
- It includes a remote control so you can manage your projector from a distance.
Canon REALiS WUX450ST Pro AV Short Throw Projector
$5,145 (check price)
- Canon’s REALiS WUX450ST model projector uses Canon’s LCOS technology for the ultimate imaging experience. It has a resolution of 1920p by 1200p and 4500 lumens of brightness.
- It has a 1.3x zoom lens with a short throw ratio of 0.56:1. It also has 0–75% vertical lens shift.
- This projector has an HDBaseT receiver that allows uncompressed HD video and audio control signals to be transmitted over 1 LAN cable with a max distance of 100 meters.
- The projector has an average lamp life of 3000 hours and 5000 hours if it’s in Economic Mode.
- It includes a remote control to make your life easier.
- It even includes a lens cover to protect your lens when you’re not using it.
Canon REALiS SX80 Mark ll Multimedia Projector
Canon’s REALiS SX80 Mark ll projector uses their own LCOS panel technology for the best picture. It has a resolution of 1400p by 1050p with 3000 lumens in brightness.
- The contrast ratio on this projector is 900:1.
- It gives you advanced controls so you can fine-tune the color of the projector as you see fit. You can adjust the hue and saturation of each primary color as you choose.
- This projector includes a handy remote with a variety of options including an Auto Set button that automatically adjusts the focus of the lens.
- It includes 3 mini plugs for stereo input and 1 for a stereo output.
- It has a wide range of connectors including an HDMI port, DVI-I port, and a VGA input. Plus, it has a USB port so you can project images straight from a memory stick to a projector screen.
- It’s heavy duty and weighs in at 11.5 pounds. It comes with a carrying case if you need to get portable and transport the projector.
Canon is an exceptional brand, from their cameras to their printers to their projectors. We hope this guide helps you purchase the best Canon projector whether it’s for movies, gaming, or work.