From gaming with friends to setting up a backyard movie for your kids, projectors have several benefits over traditional TVs. Portable projectors have the extra benefit of allowing you to use the same projector for business conferences, a drive-in experience for your family, or a mega-sized gaming room in your home.
With all the great advantages of portable projectors, it’s no wonder they are growing in popularity, especially as people look for better ways to avoid crowded theater environments and bring quality entertainment into their homes.
ViewSonic projectors take the at-home viewing experience to the next level. Featuring ViewSonic short-throw projectors that work in small living spaces to projectors that allow you to interact with presentations, this overview will walk you through the top 5 ViewSonic projectors worth considering for your next home theater purchase.
ViewSonic PX701HD, Back and Front
How ViewSonic Projectors Differ From Other Projectors
Founded in 1987, ViewSonic is a California-based company with offices around the world. The company has partnered with a number of key businesses — including AT&T, Google, Intel, and Zoom — to bring the most innovative technologies to its customers.
ViewSonic specializes in offering affordable home projectors designed to work for every industry. Their lightweight, niche projectors don’t just work for home entertainment. They’re also used in settings like conference rooms, classrooms, large venues, and more.
ViewSonic even offers interactive projectors that allow users to touch projected images and interact with them using special sensors. For business professionals who often work with slideshow presentations, these smart projectors can improve convenience and allow for more seamless, memorable presentations at conferences and in boardrooms.
Easy integration allows ViewSonic video projectors to project from Blu-ray and PC devices, wireless hardware, and mobile devices. This makes ViewSonic projectors more versatile than many other home theater projectors on the market.
5 High-Brightness Projectors From ViewSonic
One main feature that sets ViewSonic projectors apart from many other home theater projectors is that they work well regardless of your light source. This means they produce vivid images in both theater-dark environments and well-lit workplaces.
Here are five high-brightness portable projectors to consider for your home theater or business needs.
ViewSonic PA503S 3800 Lumens SVGA Business Projector
Cost: $296.75 (at time of publishing)
- This projector gives you a 120” screen at a distance of 15 ft. 8”
- With a vivid 3,800 lumens, the screen looks great in light and dark rooms.
- At 5.5 lbs., it’s lightweight enough to pack on a business trip.
- The projector can be purchased alone or with a carrying case for maximum portability.
- You can mount the projector on a tripod or on the ceiling.
- Flexible connectivity supports most media players, PCs, Macs, and mobile devices.
- The energy-saving Super Eco feature reduces power consumption.
- The box includes the projector as well as a VGA cable, power cable, and remote control.
- This model is ideal for use in education and small business environments.
ViewSonic PJD5134 3000 Lumens SVGA DLP Projector
Discontinued by Manufacturer
- The ViewSonic PJD5133 offers 16:9, 4:3, auto, and anamorphic screen settings.
- With 3,000 ANSI lumens, this projector works amazingly well in a theater-dark environment.
- The body is extremely lightweight at 4.6 lbs., making it easy to take this projector wherever you need to go.
- The 15,000:1 contrast ratio and 6-segment color wheel ensure sharp images with the whitest whites and the blackest blacks.
- It can be mounted on the ceiling with vertical keystone correction, so your image will look square on your wall instead of distorted.
- 3D Blu-ray compatibility makes it easy to watch your favorite films without sacrificing the theater experience.
- Eco mode helps you reduce power consumption and save money.
- The box contains the projector, a power cord, remote control with batteries, a quick-start guide, and a ViewSonic Wizard CD.
- This projector is ideal for those who want to enjoy 3D entertainment.
ViewSonic PJD5133 3000 Lumens SVGA DLP Projector
Cost: $220 (at the time of publishing)
- The ViewSonic PJD5133 comes with a chart to help you easily calculate the right distance for your desired image size.
- A 3,000:1 contrast ratio and BrilliantColor technology provide theater-sharp, full-color images.
- With 2,700 lumens, this projector ensures a crisp image in theater-dark rooms.
- This model is 3D compatible with a refresh rate of up to 120 Hz.
- The projector offers a keystone shift option, allowing you to mount or position it at an angle and still receive perfectly square videos.
- You can use multiple connected sources, including HDMI, dual RGB in/out, composite, S-Video, and audio in/out.
- Eco mode provides energy savings and reduces operating noise.
- This projector is a good solution for businesses, classrooms, and mobile presentations.
ViewSonic PJD7828HDL 3200 Lumens 1080p Short Throw Home Theater Projector
Cost: $899 (at time of publishing)
- The ViewSonic PJD7828HDL screen can get up to 300″, creating a big-screen home theater experience with a throw distance ranging from 4.2 ft. to 46.9 ft.
- A combination of 3,200 lumens and SuperColor technology creates a vivid view experience in both light and dark rooms.
- Wide optical zoom provides a range of mounting flexibility.
- Two built-in 10W speakers create theater-quality audio to amplify your home viewing experience.
- The projector supports most media players, PCs, Macs, Fire TV Sticks, and mobile devices.
- PortAll enables discreet wireless streaming to enhance your home viewing experience.
- The box includes a projector, power cable, cable management cover, and remote control.
- This model is best suited for home entertainment.
ViewSonic PX701HD 3500 ANSI Lumens 1080p Projector for Home and Business
Cost: $571.17 (at time of publishing)
- The ViewSonic PX701HD has a recommended distance of 35.9 ft that creates a screen of up to 300″ with a 16:9 image contrast ratio for supersized movies and games.
- At 3,500 lumens, it offers bright projections in both light and dark environments.
- This model is capable of rear and forward projection with a vertical shift lens for easy, flexible mounting on the ceiling.
- The reduced input latency is great for fun, action-packed gaming.
- The TV projector integrates with Roku sticks, Fire TV Sticks, and Chromecast to bring your at-home streaming experience to the big screen.
- The box includes the projector, power cable, VGA cable, remote control, and quick-start guide.
- This projector is a great solution for both home entertainment and office use.
Which Projector Has the Most Affordable Price?
All of these ViewSonic projectors are considered extremely affordable by industry standards. But if you’re on a tight budget, two projectors stand out in terms of maximum affordability.
Coming in at a mere $220, the ViewSonic PJD5133 3000 Lumens SVGA DLP Projector is the most affordable ViewSonic projector on our list while still providing an easy-to-set-up projection experience for businesses and classrooms.
The ViewSonic PA503S 3800 Lumens SVGA Business Projector, available for just under $300, is a close second if you’re looking to prioritize affordability.
Which Projector Has the Best Display Technology?
One of the top reasons to purchase a projector is to enhance your viewing experience. Some projectors can look blurry or washed-out, especially in bright conference rooms or meeting halls. ViewSonic sidesteps these complaints by specializing in light- and dark-friendly projectors. However, some projectors stand out more than others in terms of improved display technology.
The best display technology can be found in the ViewSonic PJD7828HDL, which combines 3,200 lumens with SuperColor technology to provide a sharp, full-color image in both light and dark rooms.
For a more budget-conscious option, consider the ViewSonic PA503S, which boasts 3,800 lumens for only $296. Although this particular projector doesn’t create the crispest, most gaming-friendly displays, it’s still a great choice for business professionals looking for a projector that can handle different amounts of light.
Which Projector Has the Ability to Project to a Larger Screen Size?
Both the ViewSonic PX701HD and the ViewSonic PJD7828HDL can project screens up to 300″, allowing you to bring the luxury of the big screen into the comfort of your home or backyard.
Of the two, the ViewSonic PJD7828HDL offers better sound quality for the most immersive home entertainment experience. The built-in speakers ensure that you don’t need to connect this projector to a complicated home stereo system to enjoy theater-quality sound.
Meanwhile, the ViewSonic PX701HD is great for both the home and office and offers reduced input latency for gamers.
Find a Projector That Gives You Creative Control Today
Since all of ViewSonic’s projectors are relatively budget-friendly, the biggest factor you need to consider is how you plan to use your new projector.
Gamers and home entertainment fans looking to enhance their home theater will likely gravitate to the ViewSonic PJD7828HDL or the ViewSonic PX701HD, both of which offer supersized, high-quality images. These two projectors are perfect for recreating a large-scale theater experience in your home or yard.
Users looking for a cost-effective way to bring smart presentations to life should consider the ViewSonic PA503S projector or the ViewSonic PJD5133. These lightweight and portable projectors are great for traveling businesspeople who need to give presentations on the go.
Regardless of your needs, ViewSonic projectors allow you more creative control and can help you bring the magic of the big screen into a more intimate environment.